I am very excited to announce that The Bower Studio will be one of the many vendors at Herbstalk 2014 in Somerville, MA.
If you’re in the greater Boston area and haven’t been to Herbstalk yet, I highly recommend it. I attended last year for the classes and had a great time (even though I went alone). The registration fee is very affordable and well worth it. Every class I attended was interesting, the market had a variety of vendors (including places to buy live plants!), and the food was so good.
We’ll have more about the event as we get closer to June.
The Bower Studio has been in business for 3 years now! To celebrate, we are having a reblog contest giveaway. This time there will be two winners! The prizes feature new items which will be available at Renegade Craft Fair. These items won’t be online until mid-Spring. The salve is being discontinued.
Prize # 1: Datura Greeting Card (with envelope), 1/2 ounce Healing Salve with Peppermint, & Bower Bird Postcard.
Prize # 2: Crab Curiosity Soap (Sea Salt Scent) & Bower Bird Postcard.
HOW TO ENTER
• Reblog this post. You can only enter once.
• Follow thebowerstudio if you don’t already. (You may unfollow us after the contest has ended).
• No spam blogs or throwaway/empty blogs.
• Likes will not count as entries.
• Please do not change this text when reblogging. Doing so disqualifies your entry.
• Open your Ask box so that you can be contacted if you win. If we cannot contact you, a new winner will be chosen.
• The contest ends March 20th, 2014 at 11:59p EST (US).
• Open internationally!
• Two winners will be chosen using a random number generator.
• The winners will be announced on the blog and privately contacted to claim their prizes. We will need you to provide a valid mailing address. The winners must respond within 5 days or a new winner will be chosen.
Poisonous Plants of New England & Wild Medicinal Herbs
Both posters will be available at Renegade Craft Fair in Austin, TX. They will be available online this Spring!
I’m a little behind on taking photos… but that’s mostly because Renegade is next week! I can’t believe how quickly it came up. Time has been flying by so fast this winter.
Isa and I are looking forward to enjoying some warm weather in Texas. It’s in the 20’s here in Boston, so Austin (even if it’s in the upper 50’s to low 70’s) is going to feel like an oven. When it reaches 40 here it already feels like a heatwave. So it’ll be nice to have some warm, hopefully sunny weather and a break from the cold, snowy greyness that is New England.
Educated in fine arts, illustration, and herbalism, The Bower Studio strives to bring both beauty and utility to their line of products.
We’re featured on the Renegade Craft Fair blog today!
We’ve added an herbal products page to our website where you can learn more about our herbal soaps and salves. (The salves are still under construction, but should be up soon!)
The Medicinal Herbs poster has been printed!! It came out nicely. I’ll be pinning it this week and hope to have some decent photos up soon. Only two were printed to start, so we may not have them available online until after Renegade in Austin.
Also, Isa and I are working to design a greeting card set using the illustrations from each poster. So we’ll have a Poisonous Plants set and a Medicinal Herbs set to start.
In addition to being printed on 100% recycled paper, we are happy to say that all of our cards and prints are now packaged in compostable plastic sleeves. (The sleeves are produced by Earth First and certified by the Biodegradable Products Institute.)